You just had a great idea for a business! What’s next? I know!!! Spend tons of money and get someone to build you a business website! Right??? Well, yes and no!
First, let’s make sure your business has a solid plan. You can check out how to make a business plan and get started there first. If you already have a plan keep on reading because it’s important to understand why your business needs a website before you go off creating one or worse spending tons of money hiring someone to build it.
Here’s a quick list of why you need a business website
- It Extends Your Store Hours- take orders, reservations, sell products all while you sleep.
- Gives You A Much Larger Audience- having a website allows you to reach people outside of your location.
- Your Competitors ARE There- it’s true your competitors are online… and if they aren’t they will be.
- It Maximizes Your Presence- now customers can find you outside of your one location. They can spread the word too!
- Networking With Like-Minded People- having a web presence opens the doors for connecting with others you may have otherwise never met.
- Getting Customer Feedback- Customers are able to give you quick feedback which can be essential to helping your business improve and evolve.
- Make it Easier to Market Your Brand- have you heard of Facebook ads, Search Engine marketing? And there are even more ways to drive traffic to your website. Free and Paid.
- Make it Easier to Build Relationships with Customers and Potential Customers- Customers want to connect with you having an online home gives them an opportunity to do this more frequently.
- Make it Easier for Potential Customers to find You- potential customers are looking for you online. It’s important to have a place for them to find you and what your business has to offer.
- Make it Easier to Showcase Your Products and Services- a business website gives you a place host all of your products and services in one place. That way people know exactly what it is you have to offer and if they are interested in doing business with you.
- People Are Searching For Your Business: Believe it or not, people are on Google and Pinterest searching for your business and if it’s not online you are missing out on those customers.
- Technology To Compete: Having a website makes you competitive it also makes your business more legitimate and trustworthy. People are looking at your website in order to discern whether or not your business looks like it is reputable or not.
- Interaction & Engagement: Want to grow your business? Having a website gives customers and fans a place to engage, interact and share your awesome stuff!
- Measurability: Running Facebook ads is a great way to grow your business but how will you be able to tell if they are giving you a good ROI? Well tracking them through your website is a great way! You can create funnels and use the FB pixel to track the conversion rate.
- Branding: With so many businesses out there you want to stand apart and be unique. A business website will give you the opportunity to showcase your branding and really stand out.
Hopefully, I’ve convinced you that you need a website for your business! If you are looking for the next steps on how to build a website without spending thousands of dollars or if you are afraid it will be too techy check this out!